Holiday party lip products

18:13:00


I might not celebrate Christmas due to the fact that I'm not religious but as someone whose entire family is extremely religious I get automatically invited to every Christmas party/event my family attends. To me, Christmas doesn't have the religious meaning it has for most people. I see this holiday as a time to spend time with my closest family members and to see people I only see at this time of the year. And because this is such an important holiday for most people around me, these parties and events are no little gathering. In fact, they're big parties with lots of people, lots of food, lots of children and lots of presents. So obviously I want to look all glamorous. To me, the outfit consists of something warm, cozy but not too hot or I'll get roasted if I get near the fireplace. As the lip addict I am, for my makeup, I like to give more attention to my lips. On this post I will tell you my favourite lip products to wear on this holiday, ranging from dark tones to nudes, from matte lipsticks to gloss, this post is for everyone.

KIKO Smart Lipstick in 908 True Red

KIKO is one of my favourite brands and I couldn't not have one of their lipsticks in this post. What's Christmas without a good red lip? This blue toned red lipstick is great for any skin tone and even though its creamy texture might be a no no for matte lovers, this lipstick can be turned matte if you either apply it with your fingers or if you blot it with a piece of paper after applying. This lipstick lasts a long time but as the red lipstick it is, you will need to reapply it throughout the evening if you want to keep the luscious lips look.
You can get it here.

Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in 107

If you watched my favourites video you'll know I've been loving this lipstick. This blue toned berry shade is perfect for those who like dark tones but who still want a pop of color. It has a matte finish and a staying power that is too amazing to even describe. It feels really creamy and not drying when being applied and throughout the evening it'll feel like you're not even wearing anything on your lips.
You can get it here.

Makeup Factory Lip Color in 153 Brown Carmine

For all the dark, brown toned lips fans, this lipstick is for you. Of all the lipsticks I own, this is the darkest one. In the pictures it doesn't look very dark but in person it looks so incredibly dark and brown that my dad says I look like a witch everytime I wear it! The creamy texture makes it easy to apply but the dark shade makes it really hard on the edges which makes it a bit complicated for those who aren't used to wearing dark lips. It doesn't dry out throughtout the evening, staying creamy and glossy for hours.
You can get it here (I could only find a link that ships to Portugal but check the brand's website to find a store near you)

Primark Lip Gloss

I'm not a huge lip gloss lover. I hate the stickiness, the hairs that get stuck on my lips, the sensation that I have something resting on my lips, I pretty much hate lipgloss. Unless it's a lip gloss as good as Primark's. I was a bit reluctant when trying this product out but the truth is that I loved it. The pigmentation is great, it looks amazing on the lips and it doesn't feel sticky! The only downside to this product, in my opinion, is the smell. It has an extremely strong coconut smell and I hate coconut. But if you love coconut and lipgloss then you'll love this. This lip gloss is perfect to put on top of lipstick or lip liner but it works just as well when on its own.
Unfortunately this lip gloss isn't in stock anymore and I couldn't find a link for Primark's lip glosses but go over to one of their stores and I'm sure you'll find a lip gloss in a shade similar to this one.


Catrice Pure Shine Colour Lip Balm in 030 Don't Think Just Pink

And last but not least, for all the nude lovers out there, I bring you an option in case you want to give more attention to your eye makeup. This might be a lip balm but the pigmentation is so good that you easily forget that it's a lip balm and not a lipstick. The texture is really creamy and easy to apply and you don't have to worry about slipping over the edges because it's easy to clean! Throughout the evening, the glossy finish will prevail and the fact that it's a lip balm makes it super moisturizing and it feels like you're not wearing anything on your lips.
Unfortunately I couldn't find a link for Catrice's products but check the brand's website to find a store near you.

And this wraps up this post. I hope this was helpful to any of you and if you have any other questions feel free to ask them in the comments.
Here's an overview of all the products in case you want to compare them
I hope you're having a great day and don't forget to come back on wednesday for a new post,
Marta Ribeiro xx

Vegan and cruelty-free: Kiko (only some products from this brand contain animal ingredients but most products are vegan); Catrice

All of the pictures are protected by Copyright. Any use without given credit is punished by law.

You Might Also Like

0 coments

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate every comment and I always try to reply to everyone. I hope to hear from you again soon!