Winter Nails

18:30:00


I've always loved painting my nails. And everybody also loved to see my nails. For a long time my nails were my only source of confidence. Today I love everything about my body and I'm much more confident but my nails will always hold a special place in my heart. I love doing nail art, buying nail polish and painting my nails every week. I got gel nails once and I hated it because I had the same colour on my nails for a whole month! I enjoy painting my nails and changing their colour every week. In the Winter I tend to wear darker colours on my nails and today I'm gonna show you my picks. I failed on getting swatches because the lighting was awful but I do have close ups of the polishes so hopefully you'll be able to see the colours a little bit better.


IDC Color in 6 or 9 (it's hard to tell haha)
This nail polish was given to me recently in a pack with other 4 polishes and this was the colour that intrigued me the most. It's a beautiful blue with a slight purple shimmer. The quality of these polishes is great. After a week I only have a chipped part on a broken nail. To be fair, I used 4 coats and I don't do much with my life but I still find it pretty amazing haha


Claire's Nail Polish
I bought this nail polish a while ago, right before Claire's changed their packaging. It was on sale so I thought it would be a great deal since I didn't have any polish in this colour and I don't regret buying it at all. Along with that one I also bought a white one but that didn't last very long. This one, because I only use it in the Winter, is lasting me a long time and as you can see the letters are even a bit rubbed off. This purple colour is dark but light enough to see that it's purple. It lasts all week but yet again I put on many coats and I don't do much in my spare time.


Oh My Gosh in 009 Cobalt Blue
This nail polish also came in a pack of 5 and when I saw it I thought every single colour was beautiful. It came with 3 colours and 2 glitters and of all the colours this one is the most suitable for Winter. It's a beautiful bright blue but on the darker side. It lasts a whole week and you only need 2 coats to make it look its best.
You can buy it here.


IDC Color in 4
This came in the same pack as the first one. Everything about it is the same as the one I already talked about, the only difference is the colour. This one is a beautiful black colour. Because it's such a dark colour you might need a few more coats of this to get a perfect finish.


IDC Color in 11
Another IDC Color nail polish. Same thing as the others. This one is in a beautiful bright red. I love to wear red in the Winter. It makes me feel powerful, confident and mature. This polish is one of my favourites at the moment.


Primark P.S. Nail Polish
This nail polish was also given to me and it came in a pack of 4 and unlike the rest it doesn't have a name or a number. But hopefully by the description you might be able to find it. It's in a really pretty coppery burgundy with a slight shimmer. It looks absolutely stunning on the nails and it's light texture makes it easy to apply. A downside to that is that if your nail has some kind of texture (like mine) you might need to apply a few coats to disguise that.


Oh My Gosh in 037 Ocean Club
This is one of the glitters that came in the pack where the blue one was. I've never been much of a glitter lover but when I tried this one out I fell in love with it. It has blue and green specks and they're all different sizes. I normally use this on top of the one I talked previously, Cobalt Blue. 
You can buy it here.


Primark P.S. Nail Polish
This nail polish was on the same pack as the previous Primark nail polish I talked about. 
This one is in a darkish red but not quite burgundy. They last a whole week on the nails. This one might seem a lot looked like the red one fom IDC Color but this one is a lot darker.


Rimmel Lycra Pro in 400 Blue Vogue
I'm not sure if this was discontinued or not but truth is I couldn't find in online and I'm pretty sure they still sell these in my country. Even though I'm trying to use more vegan makeup and cosmetics I have to say this Rimmel nail polish makes me feel sad that I won't be able to buy it again. I love everything about this polish. The applicator is amazing and makes my nails look AWESOME! The colour is beautiful, it's a really dark blue that can easily be mistaken for black but for anyone who looks closely, they'll see it's blue. The formula is amazing as well. It's been years since I bought it and it's still as good as it was back then, not thicker, not thinner, it's just perfect. I have to say that when it comes to lasting power, this one beats all the others. It stays on my nails for way over a week and the only reason I take it off is because I'm bored of the colour. Dear Rimmel, WHY do you have to test your products on animals? It'd be so much easier if you didn't... :'(

And these are my favourite nail polishes for the Winter. Do you have any favourites? Tell me what they are in the comment section and I might try them out!

Vegan and cruelty-free: Claire's; GOSH
Cruelty-free only: Primark

All of the pictures are protected by Copyright. Any use without given credit is punished by law.

You Might Also Like

0 coments

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate every comment and I always try to reply to everyone. I hope to hear from you again soon!