Catrice Made To Stay Highlighter Pen REVIEW

18:00:00



Today I bring you a review of a product I've been trying out for a while. I always try to bring good products to my blog but reviews don't always have to be great, right? 

This product isn't great but it's not horrible either. It has its pros and cons just like every other product, the difference is most products have more pros than cons but that's not the case with this highlighter .

I had been looking for a highlighter for a really long time and when I came across this one I thought it would be interesting to use it. This highlighter pen is meant to be used on the inners corners of the eyes and on the brow bone but I thought it would be good for my cheeks as well, why not? So I decided to try it out once and the first time went horrible. I applied it directly to my face and it didn't work out. It moved the foundation underneath and instead of applying equally over the skin, the more I touched it, the more it moved to form a blob of pearl shimmer on my cheek. In that moment I realised that maybe that wouldn't really work out on my cheeks. So I started using it on my eyes only. It works great on my inner cornes but on my brow bone it's same thing that happened on my cheeks. Everytime I buy a product that doesn't work that great I always try my best to make it work anyway. So I started trying out different ways of applying it. Tried with a sponge, didn't work. Tried with a brush, didn't work either. So after many trials I finally found a way to make it work. Kind of. I found out that if I apply it to the back of my hand and then apply to my face with my finger, it looks great! It looks well blended, not glittery, and it works great as a more subtle highlighter. I still go with an eyeshadow on top to set it and make it look more pigmented. With this new way of applying it everything seems perfect and then the cons come in. As the name says "Made To Stay" and that's for sure. Even if I wash my hands 5 times, the product still won't come off. And same thing happens on my face. If I accidently touch my face, it's chaos. At the end of the day, after washing my face twice my skin is all sparkly. For some people that might not be a problem but to me it is. The only good thing about this is the way it looks because everything else about it is such a burden. With so many highlighters out there, this one is not worth all the work.

I love Catrice and I'm for sure gonna keep trying out their products but this one is a no from me.

I hope you're having a great day,
Marta Ribeiro xx

This brand is vegan and cruelty-free.

All of the pictures are protected by Copyright. Any use without given credit is punished by law.

You Might Also Like

0 coments

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate every comment and I always try to reply to everyone. I hope to hear from you again soon!