My Favourite Lip Balms

17:08:00


I've been addicted to lip balms ever since I was little. Everytime I would go to the grocery store with my mum to get eggs or milk or something that was missing in the fridge, I would always ask for a lip balm. At the time, I used to love Labello's rose lip balm because it was pink and I used it all the time even though I hated the smell and the taste of it. As I got older I started noticing there was a big selection of lip balms on the market and I started collecting them. Some of them, I have no idea where they are anymore but others I do and I make sure I use them as much as I can. Today I'm gonna be showing you my favourites and hopefully inspire you if you're thinking about getting a new lip balm.

Maybelline Baby Lips in Hydrate
This lip balm is on my top 2 favourite lip balms. I love how hydrating it is, I love the scent, I love the fact it doesn't have any colour to it. This is a great lip balm if you have dry lips but when it comes to severely chapped lips I wouldn't recommend because of the simple fact that this lip balm is too soft for the job. By that I mean that it's consistency is too light and it will disappear on your lips.
You can get it here.

Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me
This one doesn't differ much from the Hydrate one. The only difference is the colour and the scent. This one is in a lovely red and leaves the lips with a nice red tint. This was the most pigmented lip balm I've ever tried. The scent is supposed to be cherry but I notice some other hints to it like raspberry and blackberry but it might be just my imagination!
You can get it here.

Veckia Vaseline in Strawberry
I'm not sure if you'll be able to find this lip balm outside of Portugal and Spain but I thought it would still be nice to talk about it. This lip balm is the other one on my top 2. I use this every night when I go to bed. I leave it on overnight and words are not enough to describe what it does to my lips. I put on a good thick layer and its thick consistency helps a lot. At first it tingles a bit but then it dies down. If you don't like sticky lip products then this lip balm isn't for you. When I wake up I can still feel it on my lips even though I drool A LOT and I move A LOT when I sleep (TMI?). And even after I wash it off, I can still feel a protective layer on my lips besides feeling them as soft as a baby's bum. It completely regenerates my lips! The only downside to it would be the nauseating scent of strawberry because it's really sweet but there are other scents available so fear not! I personally like it but that's just me.

The Body Shop Born Lippy Pot Lip Balm in Satsuma Shimmer
I've already talked about this lip balm so I'm not gonna repeat myself. This is an amazing lip balm with a sweet clementine scent that I love. Totally recommend for anyone looking for a different and hydrating lip balm.

Labello Fruity Shine Lip Balm
This is an old love of mine. This lip balm is probably the oldest one I own even though it hasn't been that long since I got it. It's extremely hydrating, it smells amazing and it leaves a dark red tint on the lips. Nothing much to say about it besides "great"!

I didn't swatch any of these lip balms as most of them are either clear or almost clear but hopefully you were able to get a clear description of the colours.

I hope you're having a great day,
Marta Ribeiro xx

Vegan and cruelty-free: The Body Shop

All of the pictures are protected by Copyright. Any use without given credit is punished by law.

You Might Also Like

0 coments

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate every comment and I always try to reply to everyone. I hope to hear from you again soon!