5 Things No One Tells You About Life After High School

19:37:00

High school is supposed to be the best time of your life. For some people it is, for others not so much. Adults try to prepare us for the life ahead of us but there are certain things they don't tell us and I'm here to tell you, as someone who has been through it, 5 things that no one told me about life after high school.

You feel more confident
I don't know if this happens with everyone but I definately felt more confident after high school. The fact that I need to be more independent (because certain legal things can only be done by you) can be scary but afterwords I feel nothing but confident. The feeling of being independent and knowing how to do things on your own is the best thing in the world.

It feels good to say "No"
I remember when I was in the 10th grade, my philosophy teacher told us that freedom isn't saying "yes", freedom is being able to say "no". And after high school I learned that saying "no" feels pretty great. Making decisions is gonna be something you'll do everyday and saying "no" feels better than saying "yes" for a simple reason: you feel mature because saying "no" is harder than saying "yes" so you feel like it took a lot of thinking into your answer, therefore, you feel like you've made the most mature decision. I'm not saying you should say "no" to everything because obviously you need to experience and take oportunities so that you can grow not only as a person but also as a professional but sometimes you just have to say "no".

You'll still have time for the internet
I thought that as soon as I left high school I'd be too busy to come on social media, talk to my online friends, watch videos or movies or series but the truth is you'll always have time for those things. And it's very important that you do. Relaxing, doing nothing is very positive for the brain because it rests and pauses for a moment. So don't worry, you'll still have time for your favourite hobbies, even after high school.

Just because people are older that doesn't mean they're mature
Nowadays, people don't respect younger people. They say they're imature, childish, stupid, and a ton of other things you probably already know. But the thing is people who are older can be just as imature and stupid as the young people they claim to hate and disrespect. So get ready because you're gonna meet a lot of people like that and it's gonna be tough sometimes.

There will always be someone who tells you to grow up
No matter how old you are or what you're doing or what you've done there will always be someone who tells you to grow up. And usually the ones doing it are the most insecure people. They need to feel more powerful than you so they use age to try and bring you down. And sometimes the reason why the person is telling you to grow up is actually the most mature decision but people forget times are changing and older people aren't ALWAYS right. Just ignore and keep doing your thing because you'll get rewarded by it.

I hope you're having a great day,
Marta Ribeiro

You Might Also Like

0 coments

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate every comment and I always try to reply to everyone. I hope to hear from you again soon!