Spring Makeup and Nails Essentials

19:11:00


So Spring seems to be here even though the weather might be a bit confused right now... But since it's Spring what better post to write than my makeup and nails essentials for this colourful season? Today I'll present to you my essentials and why I picked them so tell me yours in the comments below because I really wanna know!


Matt Foundation
Now you may think "It's Spring, the time to wear fresh and natural looks, shouldn't I use a dewy foundation?" and my answer is no. For a simple reason. It's usually starting to get hot in Spring so a matt foundation is perfect because you won't get as oily. Obviously everyone has their own preferences when it comes to foundation and people with dry skin won't probably like the idea of wearing a matt foundation but this is my choice and therefore my essential. But if you want to keep the dewyness without getting oily I would suggest a demi-matt foundation.
My favourite at the moment is the Essence All About Matt Foundation in 05 Matt Vanilla

Highlighter
When it comes to the skin, a dewy fresh look is all I want during Spring. I make sure I use my favourite highlighter and in occasions like this, there's no such a thing as too much highlighter. Ok maybe there is. But it takes a lot to pass that border so I don't think it'll happen...
My favourite at the moment is the Catrice High Glow Mineral Highlighting Powder in 010 Light Infusion

Bronzer
In my opinion, a bronzy look is always a must during Spring. But don't confuse bronze with contour. A slight touch of bronzer on the cheeks, temples and jaw makes you look chiseled without contouring and adds bronzyness to your look.
My favourite bronzer at the moment is the Catrice Sun Glow Matt Bronzing Powder in 030 Medium Bronze

Pink Blush
I think that the main colour of Spring is definately pink and at the first chance I get to wear pink on my cheeks, I go for it. I think it adds such a beautiful tint to any Spring look and makes everything seem so much more playful.
My favourite at the moment is one of the blushes that comes in the Douglas Mirror Palette but here I show you an Essence Silky Touch Blush in 10 Adorable which I also really love.

Nude Eyeshadows
Even though Spring is all about colour I still like to look fresh and young and a neutral eye look is perfect for that. Browny nudes are my favourite kind of colours to wear on the eyes and Spring is the perfect oportunity to do so.
My favourite palette at the moment is the Essence All About Nudes Eyeshadow Palette in 02 Nudes

Bright Lips
I think that the first thing people think about when thinking about Spring Makeup looks is a bright lipstick. I love lipstick and I love Spring so this time of the year I feel extra creative when it comes to lips.
My favourite lipstick at the moment is the Basic Cosmetics Jumbo Lip Pencil


When it comes to nails the options are pretty endless but today I'm gonna talk about my favourite colours to wear and unfortunately I won't be able to talk about the shades in the picture because none of them has a name so just try to find these brands and check them out to see if you find these colours.

My absolute favourite colours to wear are pinks and pastels. As you can see, I love hot pink, pastel pink, pastel blue, pastel purple, etc. I love the fresh and light look they give to my nails and how they match with most of the stuff on my wardrobe. And for a more fun and cretive look I love to wear a different colour in each nail. You should try it!

Nail Polish brands in the pictures: 
GOSH (hot pink and pastel pink)
IDC Colours (the two pinks)
Avon (purple)
Flormar (light blue)

Vegan and cruelty-free: Essence; Catrice; Basic Cosmetics; GOSH
Cruelty-free only: Flormar

I hope you're having a great day,
Marta Ribeiro

All of the pictures are protected by Copyright. Any use without given credit is punished by law.

You Might Also Like

0 coments

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate every comment and I always try to reply to everyone. I hope to hear from you again soon!