Beach Bag Essentials! For a hot day at the beach

17:04:00

I love going to the beach. And most of the time I bring my beach bag with me. Just in case I need anything that's in there. In the past, I didn't really need most of the stuff but I've gotten better at deciding what to take with me and what is really necessary. So today I'm gonna show you what I take with me in my beach bag.

First of all, you need a beach bag. I often use some big bag I find in my closet (or my mum's closet...). But I decided to go look for beach bags and I found some for every style.


Classy
For all the classy girls out there, this bag is for you. The stripes, the shape, the colours, everything about it is classy. It fits a ton of stuff and it's perfect to take with you to the beach everyday.
Straw Striped Beach Bag - New Look (Get it here)

Tropical
This tropical looking simple design bag is perfect for those of you who love to carry a lot of stuff, just like I used to be like back in the day. This bag is massive, simple and to me that woven material reminds me of summer so much!
Straw Beach Bag - Vero Moda (Get it here)

Sporty
This sporty looking bag is perfect for a day at the beach because it's dark so it won't look dirty easily, it's massive so it fits a lot of things and it looks pretty and girly with the little flowers on the edges. Would this be your kind of bag? It sure is my favourite out of the three.
Beach Bag - Adidas Originals x Pharell Williams (Get it here)


Now for the essentials inside the bag.


Sunscreen
Having a good sunscreen is a must when going to the beach. Protecting your skin from the sun is the most important thing to do before leaving the house and reapplying it throughout the day is also extremely important since a large amount of your skin will be exposed.
The one shown in the picture is the Family Natural Sunblock SPF 45 from JASON (Get it here)

Sunglasses
Protecting your eyes is just as important as protecting your skin so don't forget to wear your sunglasses. And something many people don't know is that most sunglasses out there DON'T protect your eyes and they can even hurt them! So be very careful when buying sunglasses. Always get them from a certified store and when buying the glasses check for a certification. So don't ever buy those cheap sunglasses because your health has no price.
The ones in the picture are the Metal Aviator with Pink Flash Lens from Ray Ban (Get them here)

Hat
It's also really important to have a hat to pretct your head, your hair and if it's a big floppy hat, your shoulders as well. Because sometimes we're sick of having the sun hit us right in the face and we want a break.
This one is the Extra Wide Floppy Straw Hat from Forever 21 (Get it here)

Beach Towel
It's also really important to have a towel to lay on while we're at the beach. I personally love the colourful and fun towels because life is just too short to not have a fun beach towel.
This one is from H&M (Get it here)

Spare bikini
I always like to have a spare bikini on my beach bag. Whenever I go to the beach, I already have my bikini on and sometimes I feel like changing it. Or something happens and it gets dirty so I have to change it. The truth is anything can happen and you'll never know so always carry around an extra bikini. Just in case.
This one is from H&M (Get both parts here and here)

Lip Balm with SPF
It's also extremely important to protect your lips from the sun so that they don't get dehydrated or sun burnt.
The one in the picture is the Mandarin Lip Butter Stick SPF 15 from Korres (Get it here)

iPod
When I say iPod I mean any kind of device that allows you to store music and listen to it. I prefer to use my phone because then I only have to carry one device but it's all up to you. I think music is extremely important because it makes us feel happier, more positive and in a better mood.

Snack
I love food. There's no denying in that. And if I'm gonna spend a long time away from home I'm definately gonna bring food with me. And I feel like it's really important for everyone to do the same. You need to keep your energy up. In this case I picked an apple as my snack because I love apples and it's something really natural and nutritious. I'm not gonna lie, sometimes I do have unhealthy snacks but I feel like in a hot day I only want to eat fresh, natural food.

Water
Just like the food, it's also really important to bring water to the beach to keep your body hydrated. Everybody knows water is important but sometimes we're so lazy that we forget to carry water with us. My tip is to get a bottle that you like so that drinking water becomes a fun thing to do and consequently you won't forget to do it.
The one in the picture is from Primark.

A book
I love reading and I find the beach a really good place to read because it's a really relaxing place. If you don't like books as much as I do you can pick a magazine or a notebook to write on if that's more your thing. Or even a colouring book and some crayons. There are a lot of relaxing activities you can do at the beach, you just have to find which one works the best for you.
The book in the picture is the one I'm curently reading which is O Último Segredo by José Rodrigues dos Santos.

A scrunchie or elastics and hair pins
When we go to the beach we want to be relaxed, tanning, reading, listening to music, etc. Not worrying or getting annoyed at our hair. So something so small and easy to carry (but still sometimes forget...) like an elastic and pins is extremely important to take to the beach.
The scrunchie and pins in the picture are from Forever 21 (Get the scrunchie here and the pins here)

And these are all my essentials. What are yours?

I hope you're having a great day,
Marta Ribeiro xx

Vegan and cruelty-free: JASON
Cruelty-free: Korres

You Might Also Like

0 coments

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate every comment and I always try to reply to everyone. I hope to hear from you again soon!