My Blogging Journey

14:46:00



I'm not new to this blogging thing. I've had some practice for a few years and I'm sure this blog won't be the last of me.
Ever since I was a young pre-teen I've loved social media, sharing what I liked and finding new friends that have a lot in common with me. At first I created a personal blog where I talked about stuff I liked. Slowly, my blog grew and I started to have more friends. At the time I was going through a not so great time in my life and my blog was my way to escape it all. It made me happy.
A little while later, I decided to create a few other blogs about topics I was interested in and about celebrities I liked. Those blogs made me feel a bit stressed out and soon I found out that I wasn't able to keep up and do a good job. So I deleted them after a while, thinking it was all too much for me. All of the work I had to do made me not enjoy blogging anymore and to me that felt scary. I wanted to love what I did so instead of keeping all the blogs and keep working hard, I deleted them.
After a few months of rest I decided to go back to blogging and created another personal blog. But this time I was determined to love what I did. So I put my blog on private and only authorized people could see it. I accepted most people who sent me a request and strangely enough, this private blog had more views and interaction than my previous public blog. I didn't have a schedule for posts or a common subject between them, I just posted what I wanted, when I wanted, no strings attached and no pressure. This made me feel even happier and I was having so much fun with it that I got bored of it. Yes, I got bored of the thing I loved to do the most in the world. I don't really know what happened at the time. I guess I was falling into a rut and I got bored. Or maybe it was the fact most of my friends were also leaving their blogs to focus on school. Out of nowhere and without really warning anyone I never posted again. I never loged in on that account again and I never even checked that blog again.
After that, life got in the way, school got in the way as well, and I never thought about blogging again. Until my 12th grade. When I was in the 12th grade, I started thinking about what I wanted to do with my life after high school. I wasn't sure if I would get a job anytime soon considering the economical situation in my country and that's when blogging came back into my mind. "What if I create a blog? That would be perfect to keep myself in touch with fashion even after I graduate, in case I don't get a job in my area. Besides, that could also make a good portfolio." This didn't leave my mind and I kept thinking about it every day. So after I graduated I bought a camera, created a blog, and just started blogging. Again. This time about a topic I had never blogged about, in a platform I had never used and with different goals from all other blogs I've had.
And here I am, still blogging, still loving it.
Hopefully this post has been helpful to anyone reading this. The message I tried to share was: not everything is lost, even when it seems like it. Nowadays we have people hating the jobs that once loved, not doing things they like and giving up on dreams and goals that were once their only hope. Take my example and look at life with a smile. Make changes to make your life better. Don't be scared and see the positive instead of the negative. You'll get a lot more recognition if you do what you want, how you want it and everything is better if you just try to be yourself. :)

I hope you're having a great day,
Marta Ribeiro xx

You Might Also Like

0 coments

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate every comment and I always try to reply to everyone. I hope to hear from you again soon!