What I Did This Weekend! Festa Continente + Awesome Chocolate Cake

16:14:00

Hello! Wow I never say hello in the beginning of my blog posts... that felt weird haha
So today I bring you a post telling you what I did this weekend. And why would anyone find that interesting? I really don't know. I really enjoy whatching vlogs from my favourite YouTubers so I thought I would something along those lines on my blog. Specially because this past weekend was one of the best weekend so far this year. I went with my mum to this festival thing in my city that is basically a festival to celebrate agriculture, with tons of market stalls from these local restaurants and they also had a place selling fresh fruit, freshly baked bread, etc. There were also a bunch of animals like cows, rabbits, sheep, ducks, chicken, etc. They also had a giant ferris wheel, tons of activities for children, people dressed as Angry Birds characters, a dog and a rabbit, three stages where in one of them were these TV presenters because the whole thing was being televised, another stage where smaller artists were preforming and a bigger stage where a very famous portuguese artist called Tony Carreira would be performing later on that evening. It was such a fun day and I loved it more this year than last year. Check the pictures below to see everything.



There were also beds of herbs with plaques saying which herb was what.




Two TV presenters on the smaller stage: Mónica Jardim (in yellow) and Cristina Ferreira (in black). Actors Rita Pereira, Bruno Cabrerizo and model Ruben Rua were also there but not on the stage.


The second biggest stage, in which a few minutes later Oquestrada played.




Activities for children (or adults, who cares!)



People in front of the main stage waiting for Tony Carreira and the main stage when all the musicians were there, ready to start. Also on the big screen you can see from left to right Mónica Jardim, Cristina Ferreira, Bruno Cabrerizo and Rita Pereira. The last two, by the end of the TV broadcast, went on the smaller stage where the other two were and a couple minutes later Ruben Rua also showed up.



And Tony Carreira, in his concert.

Then on sunday I didn't do much because my parents went to a procession in honour of S. Pedro and I stayed home because I'm not religious and also it was too hot to leave the house. So I stayed home, watched Kiko (even though he slept all day) and baked a chocolate cake! I'm trying to be vegetarian for now so this cake has butter and eggs. The recipe is down below and I just googled it and copied it to my phone so I don't remember where I found it so just know I didn't come up with this.

Ingredients:
2 cups of cacao powder
2 cups of sugar
2 cups of flour
1 table spoon of baking soda
3 eggs
1 cup of oil
1 cup of hot water

Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC. In a bowl, combine the cacao powder, the flour, the sugar and stir. Add the eggs, the oil and the hot water and stir well until you get a homogeneous colour. Add the baking soda and stir a bit more. Grease a baking pan with butter and flour. Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
You can add any topping you want, I added icing sugar and cherries and it was delicious.


I hope you're having a great day,
Marta Ribeiro xx

All of the pictures are protected by Copyright. Any use without given credit is punished by law.

You Might Also Like

0 coments

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate every comment and I always try to reply to everyone. I hope to hear from you again soon!