Tips to Know Before Visiting Porto

16:36:00


I've lived my entire life in Gaia, which belongs to the district of Porto and I know quite a lot about these two cities. I figured I would write a post telling you my tips when visiting my city, coming from someone who knows what they're talking about. Even though I live here, there are still things I don't know or things that I'm not too familiar with so if you want to add something to this post, leave a comment down below.

Be prepared to walk. A lot.
Even though we have many types of transportation, there are still places where the only way to visit them is by walking there. The oldest streets are very narrow so walking is the best thing you can do. Don't forget to bring a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.

Don't worry about not finding restaurants that serve typical food
We have those. Plenty of them. It won't be too hard for you to find one, trust me. When it comes to typical dishes, you can easily find a place that does francesinha or bifanas. And every single restaurant here has Port Wine. Same thing with other typical dishes. Don't worry about finding restaurants online before coming on your trip.

Don't be scared to ask/talk to anyone here
We're famous for being welcoming and very warm. Don't be scared to ask for directions or to talk to someone just because you want to. Specially in old boutiques or shops that sell typical decorative stuff. It's likely that the owners or employees will tell you all about the history of the shop, the history of whatever they sell, etc.

Wait before buying something
If you want to buy something, don't buy the first one you see. Look around, visit more shops and hopefully you'll find the same thing for less money.

Don't be fooled
Everybody has an opinion but when you're living your life you should always do what you want, the way you want to do it. Don't be fooled by other tourist's opinions about Porto, do what you want and visit the places you want. It depends a lot on what you like, for exemple historical places. Someone who doesn't really appreaciate history will tell you they didn't like something that you might like, because you're into history. That goes for everything. Set a plan on what you really want to see and organise your time so that if you don't enjoy something, you'll always have time for something else.

I hope you're having a great day, 
Marta Ribeiro xx 

 All of the pictures are protected by Copyright. Any use without given credit is punished by law.

You Might Also Like

2 coments

  1. Adorei!! O Porto é lindo <3

    www.catmorais.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate every comment and I always try to reply to everyone. I hope to hear from you again soon!