Porto Fashion Week | Portugal Fashion: Fashion Shows Recap + Fall/Winter Trend Report

15:13:00


This past weekend I was lucky enough to attend Portugal Fashion and watch some shows. Unfortunately, in this edition, I didn't get to watch as many shows as I did on the last one so to make this post a bit longer I thought I'd also mention Fall and Winter's biggest trends and predict what you'll be seeing a lot of in the next few months.


Carlos Gil
My favourite show that I've attended this edition. His designs were colourful, bright, fun and wearable. I have nothing against designers whose clothes are simply made to entertain but I do prefer collections that can inspire me on my personal style and this was one of them. The collection was full of tulle and different patterns, which is something I'll try to adopt in the next few seasons. And I can't forget the coats. Beautifully made coats, made with amazing fabric and stunning colours.


Luís Buchinho
On the other hand, this collection was definitely a lot more moody and urban. There were a lot of darker shades and also patterns. Many stretchy materials and leather and fur. This collection was a lot more unique and not everyone's cup of tea but its moodiness and urban vibe will certainly appeal to many audiences.


Hugo Costa
This collection was designed for both men and women and just like the previous collection, it was also very urban. Another characteristic was the minimalism in shapes and colours. The collection's theme was very obvious with the short film in the beginning where the models had snow falling on them, the snowflakes on the models' eyebrows during the show, their red nose and cheeks as if they had frostbite and their damp hair. The clothes followed the cold theme with loads of white and frosty tones.

Trend Report
I can very surely affirm that in the next fall and winter we will be seeing a lot of white, blue and red. A lot of fun patterns and fur.
Some trends that are already here and will continue to grow are tulle skirts and dresses, red details with bags or shoes, fur in every piece you can think of and we all know minimalism will never die.

I hope you're having a great day,
Marta Ribeiro xx

First photo taken from Portugal Fashion's official website. Photos of the shows taken from Sapo Lifestyle.

You Might Also Like

6 coments

  1. This looks like an exciting event, Marta! Lovely! :)

    I just followed your blog via GFC (I added you manually to my Reading List in Blogger though coz I can't see a GFC button but at least I'm now subscribed and following your blog *wink* and Bloglovin. Hope we can follow each other, dear! Love your blog!

    ♥ Chai Chen ♥ @chenmeicai
    ☆*。˚˚https://chenmeicai.blogspot.com˚˚。*☆

    ⓛ ⓞ ⓥ ⓔ ✰Recent Posts✰
    ✨ [BEAUTY] Sleek Makeup Matte Me Lippies Review: My Cosplay & Non-Cosplay Looks!
    ✨ [COSPLAY] Who Will Be The Next Darna?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That means a lot!

      Delete
  2. ooh, love the fall / winter trends! fun event!

    xx,
    kileen
    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by Emma!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate every comment and I always try to reply to everyone. I hope to hear from you again soon!