Who Inspires Me? | My Fashion Icons

20:55:00

For a really long time, I didn't have any fashion icons. I wore what I wanted, created my own style even though I wasn't 100% happy with it. Recently, I've been trying to make better choices and buy pieces that match the styles that I like so that I can make a style of my own that I'm happy with. A good thing to guide me through this process is having people to look up to and follow.
Today, I'm gonna be telling you all about my fashion icons and how they inspire me and my style.


Ariana Grande has been my fashion icon for years now. She was my first and most serious inspiration I've had and if you don't know what I mean by "serious", it means that up until then I had never felt so inspired by someone before. I remember Alex Russo from The Wizards of Waverly Place being my fashion icon at the time until I found Ariana. In the pictures, you can see a more feminine style because that's the side of her that I relate to the most but I love her less feminine style nonetheless.


I know it might seem weird that a character from a show is my fashion icon but the thing is, Mindy Lahiri is a fashionista. She pairs colours so nicely and she wears so many fun patterns. In case you don't know, Mindy Lahiri is Mindy Kaling's character on her show The Mindy Project and it's one of my favourite shows, I watch it every day (yes, even the episodes I've already watched, I love it that much) and Mindy has always been such a fun character to see, style wise. The last couple seasons have been the best, in my opinion, her style has gotten a lot better ever since season one.


It wouldn't be a post about fashion icons if I didn't include a social media influencer, right? In this case, I had to talk about Tara Gibson from the blog Jimmy Choos and Tennis Shoes. Ever since I found her blog, I've been in love with her style. She's super feminine, fun and elegant which is exactly what I love. When I want a more girly inspiration for an outfit I know I can count on Tara to give me some ideas.


And here's another social media influencer. This is a Portuguese one so most of you might not know her. This is Vanessa Martins from the blog Frederica. She's also an actress, model and designer. The word that comes to my mind when describing her style is unique. Her style is very "her". She has a very casual but feminine and fun style. Out of all the people on this post, she's the one that is a bit more different from the others but still a kind of style that I love.

I hope you're having a great day, 
Marta Ribeiro xx 

You Might Also Like

0 coments

Thank you for commenting! I appreciate every comment and I always try to reply to everyone. I hope to hear from you again soon!